Friday, January 14, 2011

Mushroom pot

I did this in sec2 (I think...) I remember struggling with the coils as they always turn out to become flat coils. I did not intend to make a mushroom shaped pot, but my coils were placed a little off (ok, maybe quite a bit...) and the base sort of curved inwards. This reminded me of the stem of a butter mushroom, so I adapted it to look like one. I was supposed to glaze it, but there wasn't enough time in class to do so. I couldn't stand the incompleted 'ness of the pot, so I used acrylic to paint on the golden brown, red, white and yellow. Yup, some times art can turn out quite different from the initial thought...but that's not necessary a bad thing:)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment