Saturday, March 12, 2011

typography

I attended the graphic design course (mainly on typography) in AEP last year. We were given a list of words which we were supposed to come up with a design to convey it's meaning. Here are my designs:
 
victory
playful
positive and negative
fear

The works ought to be self explanatory and rather straight forward, so I shan't elaborate. (But if you don't understand any, do comment and I shall explain...) Anyways, after the course, I realized that a good design can be simple yet convey the intended meaning very well. It makes use of the minimalist concept, keeping every thing simple and straight forward, plus a little wit to interpret the design. I suppose that is the thing about graphic design that I found most fascinating.

The following are designs which I found inspirational:

notice the arrow between the 'E' and the 'x'? I wouldn't have spotted it if someone hadn't pointed it out to me... A classic:)

milk
this is an advertisement poster from play doh, to suggests a child's wild imagination. 

 Here’s another meaningful design; a brochure educating the public about domestic violence. The inner pages of the brochure are glued together so when the recipient flips open the cover, he tears off parts of the victims face, effectively suggesting lives torn apart by domestic violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment