Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Book Binding

Wanted to make the teachers something different this year, something useful...thought for many weeks, scanned through google search...before deciding on book binding.

It was a rather difficult and tedious work as it was my first attempt at book binding, PLUS I didn't have the right materials: used a big safety pin to poke holes in the paper, cross stitching thread and needle, used wrapping paper, construction paper and cardboard to make the cover, etc. etc. In other words, I had to make do with whatever I had. I also referred to several book binding tutorials online before I was confident enough to go about making the actual books.

My first try was a failure, with pages not in line, strings tangled...
Below is my second (more successful) attempt:


three books for three lovely teachers
~HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY~

No comments:

Post a Comment