Sunday, July 17, 2011

Coursework (in progress) ;D

Tracing my progress on the 1.5m x 2.4m canvas...
Day 1:


Day 2:

Day 3:


Day 4:

Day 5:

Day 6:



Work in detail:
  1. Really thick paint: when I say really thick paint, I mean really thick paint -> I've already used up 3 tubes of oil paint...and it's not done yet...(sry peeps who don't have paint to use...) :P
  2. Straight from the paint tubes -> no turpentine or thinner, fresh paint on canvas --- impasto
  3. Just slab on e paint :D : had the orignal photo beside me, but I didn't really refer to it, just went along with my instincts. While some browns were mixed on the palette, most were mixed directly on the canvas.
1+2+3 = FUN :DD
once I stayed in the art room from morning (~9:30am) to late afternoon (~5pm),
survived solely on breakfast [and painting]
didn't realise the time until I looked up from the canvas and saw the clock,
That was when my stomach (which was strangely quiet the whole day),
started growling like crazy and I had to stop...
Painting is addictive <3


No comments:

Post a Comment